A light, funky bag that can be worn across the body.
- Hand woven cotton with buffalo leather
- Organically tanned leather using native flora, a cottage industry in rural areas of Nepal that supports entires communities.
- Stylish stitching featured on front flap of bag
- Unique stone button loops through toggle to close flap
- zippered opening + large separate pocket inside, great for phone or keys
- long, adjustable, reinforced shoulder strap ~can be worn across the body
- easily fits purse, phone, glasses case and keys
- Measures approx 21cm H x 20cm W x 6cm W
- Owing to it's organic tanning and hand woven each bag has it's own unique pattern and texture.
The leather is sourced from the Sarki community in Sindhupalchowk village, near the Tibet border. The Sarki people are a marginalised ethnic caste of people whose traditional leathersmith trade of shoes, farming harnesses has severely diminished due to modern fabric alternatives. The leather is tanned organically using the leaves and bark of the local sustainable 'Dhairo' bush. It has been softened and protected with mustard oil.
The design and production of this unique bag has been made by rural mountain women artisans of a Micro Enterprise Development Program that provides training and support to establish income generation.
Handmade with love by skilled, aspiring artisans in Nepal.