Organic Leather Bag - Sunti
Handcrafted Organic Buffalo Leather Bag
- Leather has been tanned organically using native flora
- Handy front pocket with tab closure
- Adjustable and removable shoulder strap, reinforced with webbing
- Zipper top opening for security
- Zippered pocket on back - great for keys and quick go-to items
- Internal generous sized zippered pocket
- quality stitching and rivets
- Fully lined with sturdy cotton
- Owing to it's organic tanning, each bag has it's own unique colour & texture
- Measures approx 26cm L x 24cm H x 6cm bottom gusset
The leather is sourced from the Sarki community in Sindhupalchowk village, near the Tibet border. The Sarki people are a marginalised ethnic caste of people whose traditional leathersmith trade of shoes, farming harnesses has severely diminished due to modern fabric alternatives. The leather is tanned organically using the leaves and bark of the local sustainable 'Dhairo' bush. It has been softened and protected with mustard oil.
The design and production of this unique bag has been made by rural mountain women artisans of a Micro Enterprise Development Program that provides training and support to establish income generation.
Handmade with love by skilled, aspiring artisans in Nepal.